Monday, October 10, 2016

Online Class

     The learning outcomes of a class should be meet weather its hybrid, online, or in person. I've just finished my online class with AJS. Last semester I took a similar class called Homeland Security and Terrorism. Unfortunately for me I did not learn anything new from this new online class. I used my book from last semester and was still able to make an "A" in the class. Mostly discussions covering what we felt about certain situations. Perhaps I was just anticipating to gain knowledge that was skimmed through in my previous class. I think the class took a simple approach to teaching. Maybe because it was a online class or a short term class. Regardless of why; the class was fun and full of writing. Writing is something I love to do. The depth in terrorist was shallow.
     I would categorize this class to be a GPA booster class. These classes are perfect for a college student to get "satisfactory" on our transcripts. A nice and quick way to raise that GPA. The bad thing about this type of class is that, now, someone completely new to the subject has no foundation for the next class.
     I felt like the material brought to the tests had nothing to do with the lessons or discussions being taught. All of what was on the tests I only knew from earlier classes on similar topics. Weeding out these classes however will not be easy. Students will continue to take them simply because....well, there simple. Dropping GPA's are no fun. When you get to enjoy a stress free semester while bringing your GPA back up then life goes on with ease.
    I have only taken online this semester, my second class starts on the twelfth of this month, I hope this next class is just as easy. I'm not only trying to raise my GPA but also trying to take it easy do to all the unexpected things that have been happening lately. I knew when I signed up for classes that I would be struggling for every deadline. Unfortunately I have a student loan that is deferred until I am no longer taking classes. This being said, I am in it for the long run! Graduation is only a couple years away.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment